Advantages of Steroids and PEDs
The benefits that steroids and other performance enhancing drugs offer to competitors in the sports world are extensive. Bodybuilders and athletes both use anabolic steroids to build muscle mass, reduce fatigue and enhance performance, allowing many to execute their desired performances effortlessly, even at the most physically demanding sports. Not only can these PEDs help an athlete become more aggressive on their turf, but also run faster and increase their endurance level(for example, blood doping). When coupled together in a cycle of doses, steroids make it possible to achieve results that otherwise would have not been possible. In other words, you can only get so far naturally, but to cross the threshold into a next level physique, drugs must come into play. These advantages make steroids the most highly sought after substances in the world of sports and competition. Using PEDs and steroids wouldn't make sense if there were not any sufficient advantages from taking PEDs that could possibly get a player suspended or banned for life from their sport, and in extreme cases perhaps fatality. Here are a few advantages of taking performance enhancing drugs or steroids:
- Increased leanness and muscle definition.
- Increased muscle mass.
- General weight gain.
- Increased strength.
- Increased effectiveness of training.
- Improved recovery rate.
- Euphoria (feelings of positivity and confidence).
- Increased aggressiveness.
- Increased sex drive.
Disadvantages of Steroids and PEDs
Although, steroids have great short term advantages, the long term disadvantages and side effects outweigh any good that may possibly come from the usage of performance enhancing drugs.It is written in our human nature to find the quickest and fastest way to a solution, and in sports and competition, that solution is winning. Winning can make people do things to their bodies that benefit them in the present, but can compromise health in the future. Here is a short list of the dangerous side effects that can come with PED and steroid abuse:
- Increased risk of mood disturbances including mania and depression.
- Increased risk of psychosis.
- Increased risk of aggressive acts which may injure self or others.
- Increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Increased risk of liver disease and cancer.
- Increased risk of kidney disease and cancer.
- Risk of HIV and Hepatitis B & C from contaminated needles.
- Bad breath.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Water retention.
- Muscle cramps.
- Aching joints.
- Increased risk of muscle tears.
- Increased risk of tendon injuries.
- Increased risk of nose bleeds.
- Decrease in immune system effectiveness
- Other risks listed on the risk and side effects page